Thursday 9 January 2014

Murad Gift Set Review

Hello everyone :)

Well, its nearly the weekend, and I know that I'm not the only one who is stupidly excited about this!

Tonight, I thought I'd give my skin a little treat to say sorry for the late nights and makeup filled days that have come from being back in my normal routine. Way back in October last year, I bought this little set from feelunique.com containing sample products by Murad. The set contained a 3.7 ml tube of Rejuvenating Lift for neck and decollete, a 3.5 ml pot of Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate cream for eyes, a 10 ml tube of Oil-Free Sunscreen and a small sachet of Pomegranate Exfoliating Face Mask. All these 4 products also came in the cutest little cosmetics bag which has now become my travel makeup bag :)

(image from feelunique.com)

This is sold as the summer gift set (shows how long ago I bought it and have only just got round to trying it), and is now only £6.99 in the sale! I only paid £9.99 for it though so that's not too bad. The reason I bought the little gift set version is because I have never tried any products from Murad before, so wanted to give them a test before I plunged for the full price versions. 

I only got round to testing them a week or two ago, as they somehow slipped into my 'to test' pile and its taken me this long to get round to it. Oops! However, I am loving them! I haven't had much use from the Rejuvenating Lift Serum, but as I don't yet have a problem with loose skin so I don't think it's targeted at someone my age anyway, however it is a lovely thick non-greasy formula.

The sunscreen I've put on a couple of times in the morning underneath my makeup, but again, it is a product I'd get a lot more use out of in summer, however this again is a lovely light formula with a light floral scent, so is actually working quite well as a day cream underneath my makeup. 

The mask and the under eye cream however, are amazing! The sachet of face mask came with around 2 uses in it, so both me and a friend tried it together. That way I got to see how it reacted on her slightly oily skin, as well as my sensitive skin. It is marked as an exfoliating mask, however it is super smooth in texture with no bits which I wasn't expecting. It's clear, rather thin and liquidy and you rub it into your skin like moisturiser. Leave it to dry for 10 - 15 mins and then wash off. It leaves skin smooth, hydrated and feeling really clean. It worked just as well on her skin too. What more could you ask for? 



The under eye cream (which comes in the cutest little pot, which would be perfect to keep and re-use for home made lip balms) is also brilliant. It's thick but not greasy, and leaves skin feeling really healthy and well nourished. After a couple of uses, I also noticed that the skin around my eyes was a lot brighter and firmer. However the full sized product is around £50, which is more than I normally choose to spend.  But now I've seen the gift sets in the sale, I might buy a couple and stock up on my samples! It will also be going on my birthday wish list :)

The link to the set is here.

I am loving using this set, and even though it is branded as the summer essentials kit, it is helping to keep my skin bright and well hydrated in the cold months of winter, so I'd say it is perfect for all year round. 

Have any of you tried any Murad products? If so what did you think? 

Thank you for reading, and as always all comments are hugely appreciated. 

Love to you all x

8 comments:

  1. This is weird because I pulled out a murad pomegrante mask to use the other day. I really like this brand and have found it really works on my skin :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that too. I have quite sensitive skin on my face so some products other people love really don't work for me. I love these though :) leave my skin feeling nice and fresh. You own any other products by Murad? x

      Delete
  2. I've wanted to try Murad skincare for a while now, I have such dry and sensitive skin. Think I may have to make a cheeky purchase. Can't have the winter ruining my skin!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly :) the winter is really bad for my skin, and my skin is super sensitive and their products work really well with that. I suggest you go for it :) xx

      Delete
  3. Nice post! :)
    Would you like to enter my giveaway? :) http://zucker-schlecken.blogspot.de/2014/01/dressale-internationales-gewinnspiel.html
    Maybe we can follow each other, too :)
    Love, Lea

    zucker-schlecken.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try so Murad products and after reading this post I want to even more haha!
    Love blog my love - you have a really interesting writing style.
    New follower here :)

    Collette xxx
    shrewd-fox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you :) means a lot to hear nice comments :) love your blog too,was reading it earlier xxx

      Delete